Kapiti Island Eco Experience 20% off !!
All current financial International Police Association members can enjoy 20% off the normal price, just show your current IPA identification card to receive your discount.
Kapiti Island Eco Experience is a day trip to Kapiti Island.
A day trip to the stunningly beautiful Kapiti Island, Paraparaumu Beach, North Island New Zealand. Walk the tracks, picnic on the beach, swim in the bay, or just sit in solitude surrounded by rare and endangered birds, flora, and fauna.
Remote yet accessible, soak up the beauty, hear the stories of the Ngati Toa Māori people from our world-class guides, spot whales in season, and watch sea birds and native birds in their natural environment.
What you get:
- An exciting 20-minute boat ride from Paraparaumu Beach through the Kapiti Marine Sanctuary to Kapiti Island – Launch off the beach in our purpose-built boat
- Arrive on the isolated stunningly beautiful Rangatira point or north end
- 30-minute presentation at the Doc center where you learn about the natural history of Kapiti Island, the ecology of the island stories of the Ngati Toa Rangatira, and the story of sustainability
- See rare and endangered birds in their natural environment, birds found nowhere else in the world, and hear their bird song
- Wander through the tracks up to the bird feeding station, carry on up and summit the trig to see a breathtaking 360 Deg views of Kapiti and Tasman sea
- Picnic on the beach swim in the Bay, Kapiti Marine Sanctuary
- Each trip contributes to buying a predator trap to be donated to a predator eradication program to help save our native birds on the mainland
- Guided walks are also available. Spend the first hour after the Introductory talk with a guide who will help you find and identify the birds and their
calls, point out and explain the special bush features on the island and
discuss more of the Islands history. Only $20 per person and limited to 8
people per guide.
For full details and booking information head on over to Kapiti Island Eco Experience website.